Dolphin Browser Comes To iOS
One of the most talked 3rd party browsers to appear on the Android platform is now coming to iOS. Dolphin browser which is developed by MoboTap team, has just released a free iOS version which have been developed to work on top of Apple’s Safari browser.
Here is just a few of the features that’s includes in version 1.0
1. Webzine. Fast loading, without ads; Webzine simplifies the way you read your favorite news, blogs and websites.
Dolphin Webzine displays web articles in an elegant format without distractions. Scroll through thumbnail images to open one of 120+ channel subscriptions and tap on any thumbnail image open to the article. From Techcrunch to Cosmopolitan, Webzine brings the elegance back to reading on the web.
2. Gesture. Let your inner artist out and create personal symbols to access the websites you use the most.
Use a “G” to reach Google.com, an “F” for Facebook.com or create your own. By just clicking on the Gesture hand symbol on the menu bar, Dolphin Gesture enables you to open your favorite sites with just one stroke.
3. One-click share via Twitter/Facebook. It’s easy to be social on Dolphin.
Share websites while browsing without ever leaving Dolphin. Simply click the Twitter icon on the top right to share on Facebook or Twitter.
4. Speed Dial. Visit you favorite sites on the go with one touch.
No need to type out long URLs on tiny keyboards, simply input your favorite sites on Speed Dial and access them with just one click.
5. Tabbed browsing. No need to toggle between screens, tabbed browsing lets you open and switch between pages fast as lightening.
Perfect for the multi-tasker. Dolphin lets you have an unlimited amount of tabs open, just as you would on your desktop.
6. SideBars. Make the best of mobile interface via Dolphin SideBar.
No need to worry about limited interface on mobile device anymore. Swipe to the right and quickly launch the toolbar. Swipe to the left and browse your bookmarks list, browsing history and folders.
7. MenuBar, The fastest way to customize, share and find information.
Dolphin’s intuitive MenuBar enables you to customize a Gesture, Speed Dial, email, and bookmark for your current page with just a stroke. Tired of iPhone copy and paste functions, Dolphin enables you to copy the URL with one button, and find key terms within the web page.
8. User agent. Can’t access a site in mobile? Easily switch to desktop view.
With Dolphin, you can change your user agent from desktop to mobile view according to your needs.
Will be interesting to see how this app compares to some of the other popular browsers that are currently available on iOS.
Download Dolphin Browser here