The Best Social Media Plugins for WordPress
Social media is known to play an important role in the promotion of businesses and services online. Using Facebook or Twitter for engaging target audiences is not a nascent concept.
Today even top notch organizations are going social just to have a better understanding of their customer base and adapt well with their ever changing requisites. With the entire world going social, why should you stay back? Whether you are a blogger or a website owner who has just entered the web fraternity, social media is something you must try your hands on.
WordPress blogs and websites already enjoy the advantage of various features that make them stand out in the crowd. Talking of social media, there are several WordPress plug-ins available for you to use. Majority of these plug-ins are free to use, while others which come at a cost are worth paying for.
This post lists down ten such social media plug-ins that can help your WordPress site or blog make a mark on the social arena
- Sociable: This is the most popular social media plug-in available in WordPress. This plug-in places buttons of various social bookmarking sites on each of your post or page. This allows the users to simply hit the button and cast their vote for you.
- Notable: This plug-in acts just like the Sociable plug-in. It places social media site icons on each page as well as at the end of each post.
- Digg This: As the name suggests, this plug-in places an icon at the end of your post, which is directly linked to Digg. Digg is a great source of traffic for those who are looking to improve their search engine rankings. Thus, this plug-in is a must have as it helps your readers to dig your posts easily.
- Share This: Share This lets you choose the social media platforms you want to be visible on. Accordingly you can select the icons that will be placed on your website. Moreover, this resourceful plug-in also comes with different color variants, so that you can customize the look of the icons in accordance to your website or blog.
- Anti Social: Another version of Sociable, Anti Social comes with an additional feature- it adds a nofollow tag to every link that is directed towards a social media website. This keeps the link concentration on your website itself, which is a great thing from SEO point of view.
- I Love Social Bookmarking: Don’t want your blog or website to be cluttered with social media icons? Well, this plug-in can help you in some clean up. Unlike other plug-ins on the list, this one allows the visitors to choose a social media website of their choice from a drop down menu. This lessens the number of icons that are placed on your website.
- Gregarious: Gregarious allows you to promote your posts on several social sites such as Reddit, Digg and Del.icio.us. Various options are available; you can choose the one that suits your requisites.
Integrating the above mentioned plug-ins with your WordPress site is a simplistic task. Still, if you need assistance, you can hire WordPress developers who are proficient in the job.